Seven WAFL Women's players have been added to AFLW lists following the AFLW National Draft on Tuesday, October 6.
This included two first round selections, with Isabella Lewis (Claremont) being selected with pick 3 by West Coast, and Sarah Verrier (Peel Thunder) going to Fremantle at pick 14.
Both players were members of Western Australia's Simply Energy AFLW Academy and were outstanding for their respective WAFLW sides.
After being launched last season, the WAFLW competition was expanded to six teams in 2020 with the addition of South Fremantle, and culminated with Peel Thunder completing a fairytale finish to go from last place to Premiers.
Female football participation in WA has more than tripled in the last 6 years, seeing the ratio of female players at football clubs increase from 1-in-33 to just over 1-in-10.
In 2020, this included 5.2% growth to a total of 8,871 female players returning to community football clubs after the COVID-19 postponement in March.
Photo: Isabella Lewis
2020 NAB AFLW DRAFT – WA PLAYERS
3. West Coast - Isabella Lewis (Claremont)
14. Fremantle - Sarah Verrier (Peel Thunder)
18. West Coast - Shanae Davison (Swan Districts)
30. Fremantle - Mikayla Morrison (Swan Districts)
32. West Coast - Julie-Anne Norrish (East Fremantle)
46. Fremantle - Tiah Haynes (Subiaco)
53. West Coast - Andrea Gilmore (Claremont)