The West Australian Football Commission (WAFC) is the peak Australian Rules Football body in Western Australia that plays a key leadership, governance and funding role to football throughout the State whilst also driving the overall development and growth of the game. The WAFC is a not for profit organisation that plays an important role in funding the on-going development of football in all communities.
The WAFC's vision is to connect and enhance WA communities through our great game. This will be underpinned by a focus on delivering against the core objectives of Engagement, Talent and Sustainability. WA Football is in an exciting period and we are now seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and driven Development Officer – Perth to promote, develop and grow all aspects of Aussie Rules Football within the Perth District by creating great relationships with stakeholders within the football community and school markets focusing around growing participation at a grass roots level.
- Implement the Play AFL campaign across the entire Region
- Deliver opportunities for All Abilities players to participate in AFL programs
- Develop agreed Diversity & inclusion programs within District
- Provide ongoing support for all Auskick centres within the Region to ensure that they are meeting minimum standards
- Promote Auskick participation to the female marketplace
- Develop and coordinate Footy Fundamentals centers as per agreed strategy.
- In conjunction with WAFC Schools Coordinator develop and provide ongoing education opportunities for AFLSA's
- Coordinate and deliver all inter and intra WAFC competitions and sporting schools programs (as required)
- Development and promotion of school holiday clinics, player visits and promotions
- Manage and deliver Little League program at home WAFL games
- Work closely with Club Development and Competitions Team Lead to assist in the running of the Junior Competition
- Deliver monthly reports to JDM as required by Regional Manager
- Support and deliver AFL 9’s and AFL X Social Competitions.
- Manage and schedule casual ‘Game Development Officer’ appointments.
- Deliver Demons District ‘Naitanui Academy’ in-school and after-school programs.
- Deliver Demons District ‘Nicky Winmar & Kirby Bentley’ Programs
- Attend Junior Finals and Competition Events.
To be considered for these positions you will need to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Sound understanding of WA Football structure and system
- An understanding of Club & School environments within WA Football
- Level 1 or 2 Coaching Accreditation
- Ability to lead and interact confidently with groups of participants and stakeholders
- Demonstrative ability to innovate
- Strong Computer literacy, along with Social Media comprehension
- Able to work after normal business hours and on weekends
- Current WA Drivers License
- WWC card
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated ability to operate under pressure situations whilst achieving outcomes
- A self-motivator, who achieves results autonomously or via teamwork
- Good customer relationship/communication skills
- Tertiary qualification in Sports, Events or Recreation Management (or similar) is desirable
- Understanding of participation pathways in community sport
- Experience in training and development programs and course design
All applicants will be required to present a current Police Clearance prior to commencement.
The roles will be offered on a 2 (two) year fixed term contract.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience. For more information about the role and to view the position description please:Click here
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume which addresses the above selection criteria online via SEEK.
Applications close 4pm, Tuesday 3 March 2020
The West Australian Football Commission is committed to equal opportunity in employment and the principles of diversity. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.