Coles AFL School Ambassador Program - Register
The Coles AFL School Ambassador (AFLSA) program resources, recognises, motivates and rewards teachers who strongly promote the game of Australian Football in their school and community.
Key Coles AFLSA responsibilities:
- Provide a point of contact for teachers, parents, students and community clubs
- Assist in the distribution of resources
- Implement AFL related activities and competitions in schools
- Professionally develop colleagues
The AFL provides a selection of the following:
- Footballs & portable goal posts
- Curriculum resources
- 2013 AFL Season fixture pen
Freo House Footy - Register
Freo House Footy is a modified game focusing on fun and safety (non contact). It can be played as a male, female or mixed competition during any school term or incorporated as part of the AFL SEPEP program.
Program detail ls
- Competition must run for a minimum of six games and/or weeks
- AFL 9s rules apply
- All year levels can play e.g. a school may have more than one competition
- Teams can play for their Faction/House and the points could go to the Faction/House shield
- Games can be played in PE/sport time, at lunchtime and/or after school
- The first 50 schools to register will receive a FREE Freo House Footy Kit, including bibs, footballs, markers and portable goal posts
- All schools that register prior to the end of Term 1 go into the draw to play a curtain raiser to a Fremantle Dockers home game at Patersons Stadium
- Registration must be renewed each year
- A registration form is at the back of this booklet
- Or register online at www.wafooty.com.au/form/freohousefooty/register
AFL Community Support Ticketing Program
The Australian Football League (AFL) receives many requests to assist with ticketing from a wide range of community groups including schools, junior football clubs, youth & church groups and formal organisations supporting specific disadvantaged or disability groups. The AFL recognises it has a corporate responsibility to the broader community and therefore provides community groups with access to our great game via the AFL Community Support Ticketing Program. Through this program we are able to offer access to selected games* throughout the year via AFL "sponsored" ticketing.
Please check the AFL’s website from March 2013 for further details.
- Level 1 Youth Coaching Courses run throughout Term 1. Contact your District / Regional Development Manager to book your place.
- Wafc High Performance Coaching Seminars are free to all school football coaches for skill development, team play and team development. They are presented by AFL and WAFL coaches and are free.
Resource Assistance Scheme
- The school has a Coles AFL School Ambassador
- Participates in competitions of at least six weeks in duration or has registered
- Financially assists schools in purchasing school football jumpers and/or equipment to enhance the teaching of Australian Football
- Can demonstrate the 'grant' will lead to a potential growth in participation.
- Allocation is on an individual needs basis by the District / Regional Managers and the WAFC
For further information please contact your District / Regional Manager.
- Assists with travel costs from participating in school football
- Shares in a $5,000 pool will be available at the conclusion of each WAFC coordinated competition based on the total distance travelled by each school. This is calculated by allocating a percentage of the $5,000 based on the proportion an individual school travels relative to the total distance travelled by all schools. (i.e. school ‘x’ travels 600km, the total distance travelled by all schools was 4,000km. School ‘x’ will receive 15% of the funds available)
- Allocations are managed by the District / Regional Managers in consultation with the WAFC
AFL Goal Post Subsidy
- The school has a Coles AFL School Ambassador
- Participates in competitions of at least 6 weeks in duration
- Can demonstrate the posts will lead to potential growth in participation and increased access by the local football community
- Financially assists schools to purchase permanent Australian Football goal posts
- At least $1,000 per school for those meeting set criteria
- Allocations are managed by the WAFC in consultation with District / Regional Managers
- All posts to be erected by no later than September 2013
- Schools must ensure that specific state government guidelines are adhered to with regard to installation
WAFC Development Staff can assist with the delivery of Freo House Footy and Skills Clinics free of charge. Please contact your DO/RDM for more information.
The WAFC offers teachers and students a range of curriculum resources to support the teaching of Australian Football in the classroom. To view click here.
The Multicultural Program assists new and emerging communities integrate by using Australian Rules Football as a vehicle for social inclusion.
The WAFC recognises Australian Rules Football has the capacity to bring communities together by building strong relationships through consultation and developing strategies to encourage participation.
Benefits of the program include:
- Social inclusion through participation
- Literacy and numeracy outcomes
- Assisting culturally and linguistically diverse youth become more active
- Creating links between schools and community clubs
- Developing important life skills through sport i.e. teamwork, leadership, self-confidence and respect
- A positive experience with Australian culture
The Multicultural Program also provides consultation services to local football clubs to assist with the integration of players from new and emerging communities. These services include cultural awareness workshops and community engagement sessions.
For further information on how your school can become involved in the Multicultural Program contact:Paul Mugambwa
Multicultural Development Manager
(m): 0400 037 417
UmpiringUmpiring teaches you ‘life skills’ such as tolerance, assertiveness, leadership and decision making.
Umpiring is a great way for both males and females to keep fit and involved in the game.
Umpiring allows you to earn money while servicing the game you love!!
Umpiring is a great opportunity. Do you have what it takes?
To join a junior umpiring group, please click here
For further information contact WAFC Umpiring on 9381 5599
Gate 6, Patersons Stadium
Subiaco Road, Subiaco WA 6008
Ph: (08) 9381 5599 Fax: (08) 9388 1764