An agreement has been developed on community season crossover plans for Winter and Summer outdoor (green space) Sports in collaboration with SportWest, the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, the WA Local Government Association, Metropolitan Area Recreation Advisory Group and other State Sporting Associations.
Feedback has also been sought from a number of country Local Governments to test applicability to regional competitions. The intent of this agreement is as follows:
- guide the 2020/2021 winter/summer sport season cross over as a result of the impacts caused by COVID-19;
- help maximise the participation opportunities across all community sport;
- acknowledge the important role that Local Government plays, and the time required in transitioning sports grounds between winter and summer seasons;
- provide clear direction to local clubs and associations across all sports to ensure a united and common-sense approach across both seasons in what is an unprecedented year; and
- help manage the potential impact on players and volunteers recognising the number who are heavily involved in both winter and summer sports.