The West Australian Football Commission is seeking a dynamic and pro-active person to join their team as the Development Officer for the West Perth District. This position is located within the vibrant and successful environment of the West Perth Football Club and will be responsible for the continued growth and promotion of football within the West Perth District.
Applicants should be prepared to be actively involved in all participation activities and develop exciting new initiatives in order to grow football within the district. Key responsibilities will include:
- Football and Game Development
- Coach Education
- Promoting the West Perth District and associated Stakeholders.
- Assisting with Football events
- Working closely with Volunteer Leaders, Community Football Stakeholders and School Football stakeholders.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive remuneration package including a fully maintained vehicle and phone, as well as the opportunity to work in Australia’s premier sporting industry.
Essential selection criteria include:
- Sports Related Degree or Certificate IV Sport Development or related position experience.
- Level 1 Coaching Accreditation
- Ability to lead and interact confidently with groups of participants and stakeholders.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to work after normal business hours and on weekends.
Desirable selection criteria include:
- Level 2 Coaching Accreditation.
- Knowledge of the WA Football structure.
- Knowledge of the West Perth District, including factors that may influence the Football environments within it.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting position please submit a maximum 3 page application letter no later than 12pm Monday 11th June 2012 demonstrating your ability to address the selection criteria ABOVE and in addition please attach your resume and send to
For more information about this exciting position, including a full position description, please contact the Director of Game Development, Warren Nel at